Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Etude House Berry Delicious Collection Mini-Haul and Review



Etude House Philippines recently released their newest collection, the Berry Delicious collection. I'm actually impressed with how quickly we got this, because we usually get special collections months later than its initial release in South Korea. We didn't get the full collection, at least not yet, but the branch I visited (Etude House ATC) did get the lip products, blushes, eyeshadow palettes, and the cushion foundation. I was lucky enough to be the first person to swatch all the new products! Lucky meeeee!!!! I got one shade of blush, two shades of their liquid lipstick and their lip treatment.


Color in Liquid Lips Juicy (RD305 "Berry Berry Much" and PK014 "Berry Cherry To Go") 
Php 598.00



























These lip products have a different formulation than the usual Color in Liquid Lips. These function 
more as a lip tint than a liquid lipstick. They are more watery aren't as pigmented, but they do leave a nice stain on the lips. It's still a nice formula in my opinion, but don't expect it to be exactly like the regular Color in Liquid Lips line. It also has a nice fruity scent, I'm not too sure about which fruit in particular, but I personally think it smells like bananas.



The applicator is also different from the regular Color in Liquid Lips applicator. Instead of a sharp tip, it is rounded. I prefer the applicator of their regular liquid lipstick, but this one isn't horrible.


PROS:
-Leaves a nice stain
-Smells really nice (However, if you're sensitive to scents it might be too much for you)
-Lightweight

CONS:
-At 598 pesos, its priced pretty high
-It's not as pigmented as their regular liquid lipsticks
-The applicator isn't as easy to use as their regular liquid lipsticks


Strawberry Lip Jam Treatment 
Php 428.00


This is basically an extra moisturizing lip balm. I put on a thick layer before I slept, and when I woke up the next day, I noticed that my lips were softer than usual. Great results for only one night of usage. Also this lip trreatment smells reaaaaaaally good. If you have chapped lips all the time, this may be the lip treatment for you!

PROS:
-Hydrates
-Softens
-Doesn't leave the lips sticky
-Has a REALLY nice strawberry scent

CONS:
-At 428 pesos it's.....not cheap


Cream Blusher (Shade 01)
Php 548.00








This is an odd cream blusher. It's texture isn't that creamy, it feels more like a damp powder. But 
despite the odd texture, it does its job a blush well. It is pigmented and it blends in nicely. It also works well with the puff it comes with. The puff is just like the ones that come with cushion foundations. Lastly, it smells just like the lip treatment, which is a huge plus.

PROS:
-Pigmented
-Blends in nicely
-I'm!!! in love!!! with this scent!!!!!

CONS:
-Once again, the price....548 pesos is a LOT for a blush, especially considering most of Etude House's other blushes are less that 500 pesos.
-The shade I got in particular is so pigmented that it's easy to go overboard and end up looking like a clown, so be careful!

All in all, I think this is a solid collection, even though it is a bit overpriced. I do plan to get one of their eyeshadow palettes and a few other things, so I'll update you guys when I do!

Have you tried any products from this collection? If so, share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik